A Guardian Ad Litem provides advocacy for children by gathering information to make recommendations in court regarding their best interest. Most of these cases are related to allegations of child abuse and/or neglect, family violence, or marital dissolution proceedings.
Guardian Ad Litems conduct interviews and observe the children and significant people in their lives.
- They are advocates for needed services.
- They attend meetings with the other professionals involved with the children and their families.
- They monitor court ordered plans to ensure the children's best interests are being met.
- They outline options and make written and oral recommendations in court regarding the short and long term best interests of the children.
- They review social service, medical, school, psychological, and criminal records and reports.
For More Information
For more information call, 507-621-6005.