Women, Infants, & Children (WIC)
The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program is a nutrition program that helps eligible pregnant women, new mothers, babies and young children eat well, learn about nutrition, and stay healthy.
WIC provides nutritious foods, nutrition education, and referrals to health and other social services to participants at no charge.
Qualifications for WIC can be found on the Minnesota Department of Health website.
Check if you are eligible for WIC- CLICK HERE
WIC clinics are located at Watonwan County Human Services in St. James and the Watonwan County Library in Madelia. Please contact us for clinic dates and times:
- Watonwan County Human Services - Call 507-375-3294 or toll free at 888-299-5941
- Breastfeeding & You
- Breastfeeding During the Current Health Crisis
- Cradle of Hope- Pack and Play Program
Through the generous gift of a foundation, we are able to offer free Pack-N-Plays to financially qualified mothers or mothers- to- be or fathers.
Eligible applicants need to fit this criteria:
- Live in Minnesota
- Mother in Third Trimester of pregnancy OR a mother/father of a child less than 12 months of age
- Be in need of a safe place for baby to sleep
- Learn safe sleep practices to reduce the risk of SIDS for baby
- Have financial hardship/meet income guidelines