Social Services

Report of Maltreatment Emergencies

To report suspected maltreatment or abuse of a child or a vulnerable adult in an emergency, dial the police at 9-1-1.

Child Protection Reports

You can report suspected child maltreatment 24 hours a day, seven days a week.  A child protection social worker will assist you even if you are not sure whether or not to make a report.  

If you are a mandated reporter, you should call to make a report with 24 hours and personally file a written report within 72 hours of the verbal report (excluding weekends and holidays).

To make a child protection report by phone, call child protection services at       507-375-3294 or 888-299-5941, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and ask to speak with the Social Services Intake worker. For evenings, weekends, and holidays call 507-375-3121 and state that you need to make a child protection report.

Adult Protection/Vulnerable Adult Reports

To make an adult maltreatment/vulnerable adult report, call the Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center (MAARC) at 844-880-1574 (24 hours/day).

  1. Joan Stordalen

    Social Services Supervisor - Children's
    Phone: 507-375-7841

  2. Physical Address
    715 Second Avenue S
    St. James, MN 56081


    Mailing Address
    P.O. Box 31
    St. James, MN 56081


    Monday through Friday

    8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.