- Real Estate
- Acknowledgment needs:
- Date, legible notary seal, notary signature, notary commission expire date
- If Corporate acknowledgment (business name, who signs & their titles)
- Names and marital status (Single or Husband and wife) of signatures being acknowledged
- Legal Description (Check to see if complete)
- Correction fluid is unacceptable on any legal documents
- Document dated
- Document recording fee: $46
- Document signed
- Drafted by: Include name and address
- Exhibits are attached
- Torrens Documents may require additional fees
Please indicate Abstract or Torrens on all documents to ensure filing in the appropriate manner per the following statute:
- Documents Misfiled
The registrar may reasonably rely on the affirmative representation of the party presenting instruments for filing as to whether the land described in the instruments or any part of it is registered (Torrens) or unregistered (Abstract).
A party who requests that misfiled instruments be refiled with the registrar is responsible for paying any additional fees required to properly file any instrument misfiled because of an incorrect representation and, if applicable, to enter a new certificate of title.
Consider these conditions and questions regarding transferring deeds:
- Are there delinquent taxes due?
- Completed Certificate of Real Estate Value
- Completed Well Certificate and $50 fee OR one of the statements that apply:
- "The seller certifies that the seller does not know of any wells on the described real property."
- "I am familiar with the property described in this instrument and I certify that the status and the number of wells on the described real property have not changed since the last previously filed well disclosure certificate."
- If applicable, statement regarding "Total consideration for this transfer is $3000 or less"
Enclose $1.65 deed tax
*Exception: Hennepin and Ramsey counties enclose $1.70 deed tax
- If split in tax parcel - all current taxes must be paid
- "Send tax statements to:" Include name and address
- State Deed Tax included (Deed Tax = Purchase price times .0033) *Exception: Hennepin and Ramsey Counties (Deed Tax = Purchase price times .0034)
- Correction Documents (Need to have new signatures and new acknowledgement along with a Correction Statement.)
- For transfer documents and mortgages an Agricultural Conservation fee of $5 is due in the following counties: Anoka, Dakota, Ramsey, Wright, Carver, Hennepin, Scott, Washington, Waseca, Winona
- Mortgage Registration Tax included (Mortgage amount times .0023 = Mortgage Registration Tax) *Exception: Hennepin and Ramsey Counties (Mortgage amount times .0024 = Mortgage Registration Tax)
- Warranty Deed completing a Contract for Deed must have a well statement signed by the buyers OR a Well Certificate with the $50 fee.